Citadel Station, Court Square, Carlisle, Cumbria
Carlisle railway station was on the Lancaster and Carlisle Railway. It opened in 1846 and also served the Caledonian Railway, Maryport & Carlisle Railway and Newcastle & Carlisle Railway. The station was built in 1847-8 for a Joint Station Committee and was designed by Sir William Tite in a Tudor Style. The building is among the most important early major railway stations in Britain.