Longthorpe Tower, Longthorpe, Peterborough
Longthorpe Tower House contains one of the most complete and elaborate schemes of domestic medieval wall paintings in England. The house was built by William de Thorpe in around 1263 and the tower was added in around 1300. The wall paintings in the great chamber date from 1300-1350. The north wall shows the wall of life and the Nativity, below this are pairs of apostles which continue around the room. The south wall has the morality of the Three Living and the Three Dead, the west wall has the Labour of the Months. There are also scenes of everyday life at Longthorpe. This site is now in the care of English Heritage (2011).