Market Hall, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire

Market Hall, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire
Photograph taken 22 February 2002 © Lorna Freeman. Source Historic England Archive ref: 126180

This is a fine example of a Jacobean market hall. It was built in 1627 by the towns benefactor Sir Baptist Hicks for dairy produce and poultry. Over the years the Market Hall fell into disrepair until in 1942, when it was threatened with demolition and removal to the United States, it was presented to the National Trust. They restored it to its present condition

Location

Gloucestershire Chipping Campden

Period

Stuart (1603 - 1713)

Tags

market hall jacobean architecture Stuart (1603 - 1713)