Church of St Anne, Meadowcroft, Ings, Hugill, South Lakeland - Lake District (NP)

Parish church of 1743, north transept added in 1877. West tower, nave and chancel. Venetian window at east end and remaining windows round headed. Built of rough coursed stonework with stone slate roofs. Interior has late C19/early C20 pews and a mixture of C18 and Victorian fittings. Generally well maintained but signs of damp in north west corner.

Church of St Anne, Meadowcroft, Ings, Hugill, South Lakeland - Lake District (NP)
© Historic England

Site Details

  • Designated Site Name: Church of St Anne
  • Heritage Category: Listed Building grade II*
  • List Entry Number: 1281325
  • Local Planning Authority: Lake District (NP)
  • Site Type: Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

  • Building Name: Church of St Anne
  • Street Name: Meadowcroft
  • Locality: Ings
  • County: Cumbria
  • District / Borough: South Lakeland
  • Parish: Hugill
  • National Park: Lake District (NP)
  • Parliamentary Constituency: Westmorland and Lonsdale
  • Region: North West

Assessment Information

  • Assessment Type: Place of worship
  • Condition: Poor
  • Priority: C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
  • Previous Priority: C
  • Ownership: Religious organisation
  • Designation: Listed Place of Worship grade II*

Contact Details

Tim Wilkins 0161 242 1419

Next steps

Read more about this historic site on the National Heritage List for England