HIGH RIDGE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1251083
Date first listed:
07-Apr-1988
Statutory Address:
HIGH RIDGE FARMHOUSE, BREARY LANE EAST

Map

Ordnance survey map of HIGH RIDGE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251083 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 23:23:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
HIGH RIDGE FARMHOUSE, BREARY LANE EAST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Arthington
National Grid Reference:
SE 26156 43288

Details

In the entry for:- ARTHINGTON BREARY LANE EAST (north side)

6/97 Nos. 73 and 75 (High Ridge Farmhouse)

The address shall be amended to read

SE24 SE ARTHINGTON BREARY LANE EAST (north side) 6/97 Nos 73 and 75 (High Ridge)

------------------------------------

ARTHINGTON BREARY LANE EAST SE 24 SE LS 16 (north side) 6/97 Nos. 73 and 75 - (High Ridge Farmhouse) - II

Farmhouse, now 2 dwellings. Later C17, with rear wing dated 1626 on lintel of former doorway; altered. Coursed squared sandstone, slate roof. T-plan formed by 2-unit front range with rear wing. Almost symmetrical 2-storey two-bay facade has a continuous dripmould, a doorway offset slightly right of centre with stop-chamfered surround and shaped lintel (covered by modern glazed porch) a blocked former doorway at the left end, with chamfered surround, vertical joints at the right-hand end suggesting the position of another former doorway, and 2 windows on each floor, all probably formerly of 4 lights, with double-chamfered surrounds and chamfered mullions, but that to left at ground floor altered, and the others lacking the 1st and 3rd mullions (that to right at ground floor with sill lowered). Gable chimneys, and gable copings with kneelers. Single-storey rear wing has Tudor-arched former doorway (altered as a window), the lintel with raised lettering "1626". Interior of No. 75 (right-hand half) has some stop-chamfered beams.

Listing NGR: SE2615643288

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
433691
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/02008/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Andrew Crompton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].