This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BLACK HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BLACK HALL

List entry Number: 1111272

Location

BLACK HALL, BRIDGE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Epping Forest

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Moreton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 20-Feb-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 118453

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 50 NW MORETON BRIDGE ROAD, 4/31 Black Hall 20.2.67

GV II

House. Early C15 hall house with gabled crosswing at north end. Timber framed and plastered, with the frame exposed externally. Red plain tile roof. 2 storeys. 3 window range. C20 leaded casements, mostly in original openings. C20, brick and glazed porch at south end, with red plain tile roof. C16 red brick chimney stack. North crosswing was jettied to front and side, with moulded corner post. South service end no longer survives. Internally there is a C16 inserted first floor in hall, and C16 fireplace. Crownpost roofs, chamfered and moulded beams, and numerous original window positions. Original doorheads. Said to have been meeting place of the Guild of All Saints, founded 1473. (RCHM 10).

Listing NGR: TL5339406948

Selected Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of Essex Central and South West, (1921)

National Grid Reference: TL 53394 06948

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1111272 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 06:06:34.

End of official listing