STABLE/COACH HOUSE AND FORECOURT WALLS ABOUT 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF TREWIN HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1140612

Date first listed: 26-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: STABLE/COACH HOUSE AND FORECOURT WALLS ABOUT 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF TREWIN HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE/COACH HOUSE AND FORECOURT WALLS ABOUT 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF TREWIN HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1140612 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 23:20:06.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLE/COACH HOUSE AND FORECOURT WALLS ABOUT 20 METRES NORTH EAST OF TREWIN HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Sheviock

National Grid Reference: SX3582455829

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 35 NE SHEVIOCK

2/297 Stable/coach house and forecourt walls about 20 metres north east of Trewin House GV II

Stable/coach house and forecourt walls. Dated 1889 on drinking trough, with some later alterations. Sandstone rubble with white brick dressings, hipped asbestos slate roofs. Plan: central coach house with living accommodation over, stable wing to right and left. Forecourt walls enclosing stable yard to front. Central 2-storey coach house has 4 windows at first floor, all 6-pane sashes with triangular heads; ground floor has double doors for carriage entrance to left, brought forward from the wall with a hood over with a 4-pane triangular light in the gable of the hood. To right, a taller narrower pointed arched door, all doors with decorative strap hinges and brick pointed arches over. Single storey stable to right and left with end bay broken forward with hipped roof, each side has 2 pointed arched doorways with 4-light triangular fanlights. To left, one door is blocked, to right both blocked with casements inserted. Interior Stable to left retains loose boxes with cast iron mangers. Forecourt walls in rubble, about 1½ metres high, enclosing a yard about 8 metres deep, about 17 metres along front. Entrance to entre front with pair of square piers about 2 metres high in rubble with flat tops, similar pier at each front corner. Granite drinking trough attached to wall to left, dated 1889.

Listing NGR: SX3582455829

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 61950

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing