9 Church Street, Steyning, West Sussex

9 Church Street, Steyning, West Sussex
Photograph taken 06 October 2000 © Mr Ken Scott ARPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 298667

The original part of Steyning Grammar School. This 15th century timber-framed building was originally the Brotherhood Hall of the Fraternity of the Holy Trinity. This was stopped at the Dissolution. The Grammar School was established here in 1614 by Wm Holland, Alderman of Chichester. Over the doorway is a tablet inscribed "Brotherhood Hall.


West Sussex Steyning


Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)


timber framed jettied architecture Medieval (1066 - 1484)