Battle Abbey School, High Street, Battle, East Sussex

Battle Abbey School, High Street, Battle, East Sussex
Photograph taken 07 August 2005 © Mr Clive Read LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 292123

The mansion was built for the Webster family in 1857 by Henry Clutton. The building does incorporate part of the medieval buildings of Battle Abbey. The mansion was converted into a school in the 20th century.

Location

East Sussex Battle

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

education school Victorian (1837 - 1901)