Cathedral Church of St Peter and St Wilfred, Ripon, North Yorkshire

Cathedral Church of St Peter and St Wilfred, Ripon, North Yorkshire
Photograph taken 1948 © Copyright Crown copyright.NMR ref: aa72/00942

A full view of the west front of Ripon Minster. The earliest part of the church is the crypt which is Anglo-Saxon in origin; the rest of the church mainly dates from its reconstruction in 1181. It received its cathedral status in 1836.