Chapel of our lady, Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Chapel of our lady, Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Photograph taken 19 March 2002 © Paul Eggleston. Source Historic England Archive ref: 335645

This bridge chapel dates back to 1483. It was probably founded by Archbishop Thomas Rotherham. It has since been used as an almshouse and a town jail. Since 1826 it had been used as a private house.

Location

South Yorkshire Rotherham

Period

Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)

Tags

religion faith chapel jail almshouse Medieval (1066 - 1484)