This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
752 ABBEY CLOSE
SU 49971/156 19.1.51 No. 14 [formerly listed as No. 29 (The Old Cottage]
Reset date stone 1698. Two storeys and attics. Rubble plinth, ground floor of painted brick, upper storeys rough rendered. Brick and dentil cornice between storeys. Two gables break eaves, one window each.
Left hand window is modern, right hand one has slightly segmental arch, double hung sash with glazing bars. Three windows, on the first floor two have segmental arches, wood frames, double hung sashes with glazing bars. One flush framed window to left, double hung sash with glazing bars.
On ground floor three windows, two have segmental arches, double hung sashes with glazing bars. One shallow canted bay with glazing bars, tiled roof. Six panel door- two panel rectangular fanlight. Date on chimney.
Listing NGR: SU4999097061
Copyright IoE Dr David J Mazey. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Mazey, David J
Rights Holder: Mazey, David J
Brick, Render, Rubble, Stuart House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Date Stone, Commemorative, Commemorative Stone, Commemorative Monument