The foundations of the Cathedral Church of St Mary at Salisbury were laid on the 25th of February 1220, and the Cathedral was completed in 1266. The Chapter House was added between 1270 and 1279, with redecorations carried out on the interior between 1855 and 1859 to the designs of William Burges.
The reverse of the print is stamped with a National Buildings Record stamp, noting that the print was accessioned to their collection on the 12th of August 1942, from the donor J L Lovibond.
Source: Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Donor: Lovibond, Joseph Locke
Medieval Cathedral, Medieval Chapter House