39 Castle Street, Saffron Walden, Essex

39 Castle Street, Saffron Walden, Essex
Photograph taken 29 September 2002 © Mr Dominic Davey. Source Historic England Archive ref: 370448

This building was originally built in 1880 as an almshouse. It was built under the orders of the Saffron Walden Almshouse Trustees. The building is now a private house.

Location

Essex Saffron Walden

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

almshouse poor charity philanthropy social welfare Victorian (1837 - 1901)