Academy Cinema, Cheltenham Road, Bristol

Academy Cinema, Cheltenham Road, Bristol
Photograph taken 19 May 2002 © Miss Janet Gibson. Source Historic England Archive ref: 379118

The Academy Cinema was built in 1914 in Baroque style. It is one of a small number of early Bristol cinemas where the facade is still largely intact. The cinema closed in 1955. It has since had several uses. It was a Christadelphian Hall and became a public house called 'The Magic Box'.

Location