Almshouse and Reading Room, Milton Abbas, Dorset
These almshouses were originally built around 1674 for 6 people, as a result of the will of John Tregonwell. They stood in the old town of Milton Abbas which was demolished between the 1770s and 1790s by the Earl of Dorchester. They were rebuilt on the present site in 1779 at the centre of the model village which replaced the old town. The original 17th century facade was reused. The central Reading Room has since been used as the Village Hall.