Arch, Paganhill, Stroud, Gloucestershire
The arch standing forlornly on Farmhill Road (to the right of the T junction) was erected by Henry Wyatt in 1834 to commemorate the abolition of slavery in the British Colonies. It once marked the entrance to Farmhill Park, an 18th-century mansion built for local clothier Richard Cooke in 1784. The building was demolished 1933-4. A council estate now surrounds the arch.