Bishop's Gate, Peterborough
The Bishop's (or Abbot's) Gate is a Gatehouse. It was built in c1220 by Abbot Robert of Lindsay (1214-22). It is three storeys high with two crenellated turrets. Each has a niche containing a statue of an abbot and prior. In the centre is a statue of King Edward. The room above the entrance is known as the Knights' Chamber.