Bromley House, Angel Row, Nottingham
This building was originally a town house with banking hall. It was built in 1752 by Sir Robert Taylor, for a banker named George Smith. He was the grandson of the founder of Smith's Bank. It was then converted in to a library in c1820. It also housed the first photographic studio in Nottingham, from 1841. This remained in use until 1955. Shopfronts were also added in c1929.