Burton Constable Hall, East Riding of Yorkshire

Burton Constable Hall, East Riding of Yorkshire
Photograph taken 24 September 2002 © Mr Paul Gregory. Source Historic England Archive ref: 166677

A great Elizabethan country house of red brick with stone dressings, constructed circa 1570 for Sir Henry Constable. It was remodelled between 1730-78 to designs by Lightoller, Carr and Atkinson. It has a central three-storey block with castellated end towers and two storey wings.