Cannon Hall, Bark House Lane, Cawthorne, South Yorkshire

Cannon Hall, Bark House Lane, Cawthorne, South Yorkshire
Photograph taken 11 August 2004 © Mr Barry Jackson. Source Historic England Archive ref: 334129

This large country house was built in the late 17th century for the Spencer and Spencer Stanhope families. It was purchased by the County Borough of Barnsley in 1951 and was opened as a museum in 1957.