Former Tramways Power Station, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear

Former Tramways Power Station, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Photograph taken 20 February 2001 © Mr Bob Cottrell ARPS AFIAP DPAGB. Source English H ref: 456490

This is the former Tramways Power Station and Offices, an inscription of art nouveau letters reads 'NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE CORPORATION TRAMWAYS'. Three is also a well-painted stained glass window over the entrance that shows the first horse-drawn trams of 1870s and the electric trams of 1901

Location

Tyne and Wear Newcastle upon Tyne

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

tram transport power electric architecture art nouveau victorian (1837 - 1901)