ICI Estate Workshops, Wilton Village, Redcar and Cleveland
This building was originally the school for the estate village attached to Wilton Castle. It dates from 1854 and was built from local white "Pease" brick in a Gothic style. ICI built a large chemical works nearby and took over the estate during World War Two. The old school became a workshop and store. It has since been converted to housing.