Newman House, The Garrison, St Marys, Isles of Scilly

Newman House, The Garrison, St Marys, Isles of Scilly
Photograph taken 04 June 2002 © Mr GW Tanner ARPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 62520

This building was originally built as the garrison storehouse at a cost of £306 15s 10d. It was built in c1716-1718. It is an important and mostly complete example of its type. It is part of an important fortification and one of the most architecturally elaborate buildings on the islands.

Location

Isles of Scilly St Marys

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

store military barracks defence Georgian (1714 - 1836)