Prior's lodging, Castle Acre Priory, Castle Acre, Norfolk
The Prior's lodgings and porch viewed here from the south west date from the 14th and 15th centuries. Castle Acre Priory was a Cluniac Monastery founded in 1090. The priory was dissolved by King Henry VIII in 1537 and granted to Thomas Howard, Duke of Norfolk. By 1558 the buildings were being demolished. The prior's lodgings were retained for use as a house. This site is now in the care of English Heritage (2010).