Remains of Blackfriars Monastery, Widemarsh Street, Hereford, Herefordshire

A Dominican friary was originally founded in the Eign Gate suburb in 1246. It then moved to this, the Widemarsh suburb, in 1322. The major part of the monastery, including the church, was destroyed after its Dissolution in 1538.


Herefordshire Hereford


Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)


monastery priory friary dominican dissolution religion faith medieval (1066 - 1484)