The Bath House, 6 The Pantiles, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent

The Bath House, 6 The Pantiles, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Photograph taken 28 June 2002 © Mrs Jane Comeau LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 168185

The wells in Tunbridge are springs of mineral water. From the 17th century people visited to 'take the waters'. This Bath house was built over over the springs in the early 19th century replacing an earlier structure.

Location

Kent Royal Tunbridge Wells

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

bath spa spring water tourism Georgian (1714 - 1836)