The Court Hall, High Street, Icklesham, East Sussex

The Court Hall, High Street, Icklesham, East Sussex
Photograph taken 05 May 2001 © Mr Clive Read LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 410284

This building was constructed in the 14th century and has been significantly altered since the 15th century. The building was used as a Town Hall from 1557 onwards and the Mayor of Winchelsea is still elected there annually. The first floor is now used as a museum.

Location

East Sussex Icklesham

Period

Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)

Tags

town hall council museum Medieval (1066 - 1484)