The Fish Quay, Torquay, Torbay

The Fish Quay, Torquay, Torbay
Photograph taken 08 March 2004 © Mr Ben White. Source Historic England Archive ref: 390450

The Fish Quay was built as part of the harbour improvements carried out 1803-1806 for Sir Lawrence Palk. It was built initially to the designs of an architect named Rennie but completed under the direction of Dr Henry Beake. Beake was very critical of Rennie's initial work.

Location

Torbay Torquay

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

harbour sea coast water pier Georgian (1714 - 1836)