The nave of Bristol Cathedral, Bristol
A view looking east down the length of the Cathedral Church of St Augustine in Bristol. It was originally the church of an Augustinian Abbey. It was one of 6 monasteries given Cathedral status by Henry VIII in 1542 after the dissolution of the monasteries. The chancel was completed in the 14th century; the nave added later in 1868-88.