The Priory, 12 The Church Yard, Mildenhall, Suffolk

The Priory, 12 The Church Yard, Mildenhall, Suffolk
Photograph taken 30 June 2001 © Mr Richard Egerton. Source Historic England Archive ref: 275846

This was formerly a Victorian workhouse, available to multiple parishes under the Poor Law Amendment Act (1834). It was constructed in 1836. It had alterations to it in 1900, including the main doorway. This is believed to have been removed from the house of the 'Cellarer' of St. Edmunds Abbey.

Location

Suffolk Mildenhall

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

workhouse housing poor law Victorian (1837 - 1901)