Truesdale's Hospital, Scotgate, Stamford, Lincolnshire
This building was originally an almshouse for six poor men. It was founded by Thomas Truedale, an attorney who died in 1700. The accommodation had been increased to eight poor men by 1831, but it was found that the buildings needed replacing. George Basevi designed a new almshouse that was built between 1832-3 to house twelve poor men. It also had a committee room and two rooms for a nurse. This is the building we see today.