Underbank Dye Works, Stansfield, Blackshaw, West Yorkshire
This mill was originally known as Jumble Hole Mill. It was first mentioned in 1788. Between 1815 and 1826 it was owned by Christopher Rawden who owned several mills in the locality. On 11th August 1899 the mill was destroyed by fire. This photograph could have been taken after the fire. The mill was altered and extended during the 19th and 20th century. The 1947 Yorkshire textile Industry directory has an entry for Jumble Hole Mill: 'Cocker and Co (1929) Ltd. (bleaching, dyeing and finishing of blacks and colours; rayons; crepes; cashmeres; brocades; muslins) Cockers closed in the 1950s, but the mill was later used for silk dyeing.