Witham Hall, Barnard Castle, Durham

Witham Hall, Barnard Castle, Durham
Photograph taken September 1993 © Crown copyright.NMR ref: BB93/34613

Witham Hall dates from the late 1840s or early 1850s and was designed using classical architecture, in this case of the Ionic order. It was constructed to house medical and educational facilities. A public hall was added in the 1860s. It is now used for public and commercial purposes.

Location

Durham Barnard Castle

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

architecture classical hall education library mechanics institute community philanthropy Victorian (1837 - 1901)