Wroxton Abbey, Wroxton, Oxfordshire

Wroxton Abbey, Wroxton, Oxfordshire
Photograph taken 1951-1963 © Historic England Archive ref: HAW 9431/29

Wroxton College which was formerly Wroxton Abbey. This country house was constructed circa 1618 on the site of an Augustinian Priory, the north wing incorporates parts of the priory. It was restored when converted into a college, for students of Fairleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey, during the 1960s-1980s.

Location

Oxfordshire Wroxton

Period

Stuart (1603 - 1713)

Tags

country house abbey monastery dissolution garden 1950s (1950 - 1959) landscape village stuart (1603 - 1713)