Back Issues of Historic England Research
Here you can catch up with back issues of Historic England Research magazine, and its predecessor Research News from the very first issue in summer 2005. Access the vast range of discoveries and methodologies that have been made in the quest for knowledge and research into the historic environment.
These include work in the fields of archaeology, archaeological science, building history, imaging and visualisation, landscape history, and remote sensing.
Here you can download the previous issue of Historic England Research magazine.
Below you can get back issues of Historic England Research Magazine in PDF format. You can also download back issues of its predecessor, formerly entitled Research News.
As a taster for the range of articles that you can find in the back catalogue of Historic England Research, here are some popular articles from our back issues as web pages:
- Researching Sunderlands's Heritage Action Zone
- Snodhill Castle, Peterchurch
- Quaker Meeting Houses Assessed
- England's Shopping Parades
- Must Farm Timber Platform
- The Lost Roman Road From Chichester To Ardundel
- Tintagel and the Legend of Tristan and Yseult
- Patterns Under the Plough
- A 17th Century Warship off Southend-on-Sea
- Using Drones for Field Survey
- The English Railway Station