At the time this photograph was taken the lower floor had been coverted to a storehouse.
The photographer's notes state: 'The bakehouse. The upper floor looking north. Door opens into the partitioned off space used for the ovens (?)'.
There is also an additional note stating: 'The house, the bakehouse and the old cottage were all very badly damaged in an air raid in Sept. 1940, and were demolished later'.
The site is now known as Green Cedars.
© Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Post Medieval Bakehouse